Volunteering at BiCon is a great way to meet new people and really feel part of the event. We work hard to make sure your volunteering experience is a positive one.
Even if you think you'll just have an hour or two to spare and would like to join in with the fun, we'd love to hear from you.
What roles could I do?
- Welcoming people on the desk as they arrive
- Helping with the Ball – creating decorations, putting them up and taking them down
- Gophering – running general errands around the site
- The listening service, supporting people who need someone to talk to
- Putting up and taking down signs
- Loads of other things…
How much time do I need to give?
We can be flexible around the amount of time you feel you can offer.
How do I volunteer?
There are three ways you can let us know you’d like to volunteer:
- We'll have a form available soon, if you'd like to provide a session or entertainment.
- When you book for BiCon, you’ll be asked if you’d like to volunteer, so you can offer then.
- If you want to volunteer before either of those opportunities, you can send an email to email@example.com and tell us a bit about you and how you’d like to contribute. For example:
- Are you a people person?
- Are you arty?
- Do you love music?
- Would you prefer something active or sitting down?
- Do you have any access needs for volunteering?
- How much time do you think you could give?
We look forward to having you as part of BiCon’s 2016 volunteer team!